Salvation & Holy Spirit Baptism
Now that you are born again, you will want to become acquainted with Holy Spirit. One of the important ministries of Holy Spirit is to give spiritual gifts to Christians at the time they receive Christ. One of the Spiritual gifts God makes available to all of us is the gift of speaking in tongues. Jesus said, in Luke 24:49, “And behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you.”
When we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior His Spirit dwells IN us. However, when we are baptized, totally immersed, in Holy Spirit, He comes UPON us. When we receive the Baptism of Holy Spirit, we are fully equipped with power to be effective witnesses for Christ. Acts 1:8 says, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere…” Jude 1:20 tells us that praying in the Spirit also helps to build our faith.
“And Behold, I Send The Promise Of My Father Upon You.” Luke 24:49
In Acts 2:4, it states, “Everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.”
- The evidence that you have been baptized in Holy Spirit is that you will speak in an unknown tongue as the Spirit gives you the ability to do so.
- You must do the speaking, but it’s not all you and it’s not all Holy Spirit. It is a partnership between you and the Spirit of God.
- If there is no effort to speak on your part, Holy Spirit cannot supply the language.
Speaking in tongues does not originate in your mind but in your spirit and it’s inspired by Holy Spirit. From the moment you open your mouth to praise God in this new language, words and syllables will be right there. They will not be English words, but words and syllables which make no sense at all to your mind. Remember they are words and syllables in a new ‘unknown’ tongue, so they will sound different. Now it is time for you to receive this precious gift. Pray this simple prayer, “God your Word says Holy Spirit is a gift. I do not have to work for this gift. All I have to do is receive it. So, right now I receive the Baptism of Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues.” Now take a deep breath and begin to speak forth in your heavenly language.
Regular Prayer & Bible Reading
Communicating with God through prayer and reading His Word is essential for a successful Christian life. Prayer is communicating with the God of creation. As you begin to seek God daily, you will be rewarded through understanding His will for your life and the comfort and peace that His presence gives you. In Hebrews 4:16, God gives us an invitation to come boldly into His presence. God is a personal God, and He is interested in every detail of your life. He wants you to know Him in a personal way through prayer and by reading His Word. Prayer is a two-way conversation between us and God, it’s an expression of our dependence upon God for all things.
- God longs for us to be with Him and for us to know Him. We are created to fellowship and communicate with God. When you love someone you want to talk to them often and be in their presence because it strengthens the relationship.
- Daily communion with God increases our ability to know the mind of God, His character, His desires and His plans for our lives.
- Prayer allows us to fulfill God’s purpose in our lives and to be obedient in carrying out our duties to pray always.
- Prayer also allows us to obtain the blessing of God in our lives and those around us.
- Prayer allows us to hear the voice of God and receive direction and correction that will enable us to become powerful spiritually.
- Prayer acknowledges God, therefore; He can direct our paths and order our steps.
- Prayer builds a hedge of protection around us. It gives us power and dominion over the works of the enemy.