Please submit your resume and cover letter for open positions to email@example.com.
Job Title: Part-Time Social Media Specialist
Department: FCC Marketing Department
General Description: The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for managing the online workflow, presence, and reputation of the Faith Christian Center social media platforms. They will report to The Director of Marketing & Operations. The Social Media Specialist will also work to develop relationships with other departments (“Staff”). They are responsible for developing the teams that are necessary for social media. This individual will inspire the teams to create excellence and relevance in the digital marketplace.
- Commit to praying for the first family, leadership, and membership of Faith Christian Center.
- Establish and foster an exemplary relationship with staff/non-staff workers, church membership, and the community at large.
- Champion, support, and advocate for the vision of the church.
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart by having a willingness to perform other duties as needs may arise.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Write, edit, and publish content (original text, images, blogs, video, layout) via social, live stream, podcast, and text platforms that are informative build meaningful connections, and encourages audience engagement to support our content strategy and goals of the ministry.
- Lead the online support team of contractors and volunteers.
- Own and manage the live stream platforms setup, scheduling, troubleshooting, and enhancements.
- Identify new opportunities and tools to continually improve the social media presence to engage our online community and nurture them into new opportunities.
- Own and manage the editorial social media calendar.
- Own and manage all comments, questions, and messages.
- Develop monthly and quarterly campaigns to increase brand awareness, engagement, and church growth.
- Manage annual budget for ad content; track performance and introduce methods to optimize performance.
- Track and report on insights consistently and develop actionable strategies to boost audience following, reach, interactions, and growth on all social platforms.
- Collaborate with leadership and staff to foster new ideas and convert them into finished visuals, storyboards, etc. to meet ministry goals.
- Identify content, trends, groups, and industries that appeal to the target demographic of our ministry.
- Assist with mass email content and creation as needed.
- 5 years of recent experience in social media development, management, analytics, and paid social media preferably in a ministry, non-profit, or educational environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with good decision-making skills.
- Extensive knowledge of social media fundamentals, web capabilities, and a strong understanding of marketing and advertising principles.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software, and applications.
- Experience with design theory and tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop) a plus.
- Experience with media editing (audio and video).
- Ability to lead and problem-solve with limited supervision yet effectively communicate with staff, volunteers, and our community.
- Willingness to work in and understand the intricacies of a ministry-conscious environment.
- Strong team player that is organized, enthusiastic, and enjoys people and having fun.
- Personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, judgment, and accountability.
The Social Media Specialist shall be accountable to:
- Direct Supervisor
- Lead Pastors
Expectations for Work Hours: The Social Media Specialist position is designed as a 25 hour per week position. Workdays include Sunday – Thursday with some weekends throughout the year. This is a part-time contractor position.